As we get into the increasingly busy holiday season, it’s really nice to have a few go-to meals on hand that can be whipped up in a flash. I don’t know about you, but our running around schedule increases by tenfold this time of year. I need all the help I can get.
This is one of those recipes to keep in your back pocket for crazy days. It comes together in an instant, and is a delicious, and healthy, way to treat your family to dinner.
Start by mixing up a quick marinade.
That’s a fragrant mixture of orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, salt, cumin, black pepper, red pepper, fresh minced garlic and paprika.
Once the marinade is set, spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and lay four Tilapia pieces in the dish. Pour the marinade over the fish and let it stand for 15 minutes at room temperature to marinate.
Before popping it in the oven, I sprinkled it with just a little more paprika, to give it a little color.
Once the fish has been cozied up in the marinade for a little while, pop it into the oven for about ten minutes. Depending on the thickness of your fish, it could take up to 15 minutes to cook, but check it at 10. Mine was perfectly flaky at that point.
I served it alongside rice and steamed edamame, and we couldn’t have been happier that night. The fish was deliciously seasoned, and perfectly flaky. It’s the perfect easy meal to bring together a family on a busy night.
QUICK AND EASY CITRUS GARLIC TILAPIA
Adapted from MyRecipes.com
- 4 (6 oz.) Tilapia fillets
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼. tsp ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. paprika, plus more for sprinkling on the fish before baking
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, brown sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, salt, cumin, pepper, red pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray and lay the Tilapia fillets in the dish. Pour the marinade over the fish and allow it to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature. Sprinkle the fish with a little more paprika, if desired.
- Preheat your broiler.
- Place the pan in the oven, and broil the fish until flaky, 10-15 minutes. Check the fish at 10 minutes, but you may need a little more time depending on the thickness of your fish.
- Drizzle the sauce over the fish when you serve it.