While I use my slow cooker all year long, it seems like I manage to bring it out more often in the fall and winter months. On a day when the air is crisp, and my day is busy, there’s nothing more comforting than something cozy from the slow cooker. My friends at Red Gold agree, and they are launching an amazing giveaway on their Facebook page. From September 17th to October 8th, they’ll be giving away 2 Crock-Pots a day! That’s 44 Crock Pots! They are going to make a lot of homes and bellies very happy in the coming months! Make sure you check it out, and enter often!
The fun doesn’t stop there. Red Gold must have known that I am a big fan, because they contacted me and offered to give away an amazing slow cooker kit to one of my lucky readers! Keep reading to learn how you can win this fantastic fall prize package that includes six cans of Red Gold tomato products, a Red Gold Apron, a wooden spoon to help stir up some deliciousness, and some absolutely fabulous recipes for you to try this fall in your own Crock Pot!
One of the recipes is this fantastic Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili. I made it for my family the other night and it was a huge hit. Plus, I had enough left over to freeze for a super easy meal another time.
This was so good, and I loved that it was so good for us. Chock full of light ground turkey, black beans, veggies, tomatoes, and Vitamin A rich pumpkin, this chili makes for a hearty meal that won’t break the calorie bank. Each serving has only 130 calories!
I started by chopping up my onion, garlic, and a yellow bell pepper and adding it to a pound of ground turkey in a skillet on the stove top.
I added a can of pumpkin, a can of Red Gold Diced Tomatoes, a can of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro, two cans of black beans, some chicken broth, and then finished it off with some chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
I stirred the mixture together, popped the lid on top, and let it bubble away in my slow cooker for about five hours.
When we were ready to eat, I had an amazing, rich, fully flavored, deliciously thick chili on my hands, and a family whose mouths were watering because it smelled so good!
This chili was delicious, not too spicy but so flavorful, and I love that it’s a powerful bang for your calorie buck. No guilt about grabbing second helpings here! The pumpkin added a wonderful richness to it. In fact, just writing about it makes me want to grab the left overs out of the freezer to thaw out for tonight’s dinner!
How would you like to win a Crock Pot or amazing tomato prize pack from Red Gold?
To enter the Crock Pot Giveaway, go to Red Gold’s Facebook page and enter daily! They’ll be giving away TWO Crock Pots a day until October 8th!
To enter the tomato prize pack giveaway, simply leave a comment right here on this post. Tell me what your favorite dish to whip up in the Crock Pot is, and that’s your chance to win! I’ll choose a winner on September 24th, and Red Gold will send you a box full of wonderful goodies and recipes to help inspire your fall and winter Crock Pot meals.
Want another chance to win?
For another chance to win the tomato prize pack, go ahead and LIKE Red Gold’s Facebook page Want yet another? Go ahead and LIKE Chew Nibble Nosh on Facebook. If you’re already a fan of either on Facebook, just leave a comment (for each one) letting me know. Each comment is ONE entry, and you can have up to three entries!
The Nitty Gritty Important Stuff:
– The giveaway is only open to US residents who are 18 years of age or older.
– Entries must be received by 12:00 PM EST on Wednesday, September 24, 2014.
– The winner will be chosen at random and contacted via the contact email left with the winning comment. The winner will be asked for their name, age and mailing address. If the winner does not respond by 12:00 PM on Saturday, September 27, 2014 with the requested information, a new winner will be chosen.
– The giveaway prize has been provided at no cost to Chew Nibble Nosh by the wonderful people at Red Gold.
SLOW COOKER BLACK BEAN & PUMPKIN CHILI
Recipe courtesy of Red Gold
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey or 1½ cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can RED GOLD DICED TOMATOES
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can RED GOLD PETITE DICED TOMATOES WITH LIME JUICE AND CILANTRO
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. each cumin and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Drain well.
- Transfer the turkey mixture to a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 4-5 hours.